Let's discuss Phoenix LiveView

Well, I particularly disagree with this point for some reasons:

1. I would not call opposite direction, @chrismccord explained very well that his attempt was to solve the same problem, which is the poor UX when you have too many page refreshes. So the direction is the same, it’s just a different path, and it’s totally valid to try out different solutions for the same problem.
  2. Just because big companies are pushing it to a certain way does not mean that’s the best solution.
  3. Just because it’s not “disruptive”, doesn’t mean it’s not good. I see what you mean: the concept is really close to turbolinks, but over websockets. Well, turbolinks was good enough for a long time, but then, some people started to complain about UX with that and try out new solutions, which is good! Very good! But if you try out a new solution, and it’s not better in some senses, the wisest thing to do is going back and maybe try something else closer to how it was.

I see it as the way we always did them from the start, but a little bit simpler, faster and reactive. I already love the way we were doing it from the start, and if you really made it better, I’m really excited to try it out! Thank you!!!

2 Likes