Lightweight Elixir web framework?

Some people might have inferred from the OP’s post that Phoenix wasn’t a lightweight framework, whereas I think the general consensus is that it is :slight_smile:

Had they asked for a ‘simpler’ framework I might have asked in what way since Phoenix itself can be used in various ways; from a simple (albeit more majestic) monolith (so pretty easy for anyone coming from Rails to jump into), to the default (more ideal) path using Contexts and pushing the Phoenix is not your app mantra, and then of course this can be taken to the extreme, where Phoenix is used as a layer (or a number of layers) inside an Elixir app which itself is built as a series of components (as per Dave’s course). I actually really love that Phoenix is flexible like this and I can definitely see me using it in all three of those ways for different kinds of apps :003:

I probably would have also included links to RaxxKit as something worth looking at, but in all honesty I really do not know enough about it other than it seeming to be more like Ruby’s Hanami which is comprised of several micro-libraries (I can see the benefit of something like that in Ruby, but am, as of yet, unsure where it fits in the Elixir world). Perhaps you can help with that - I don’t think you ever got around to answering my questions about it which would definitely help people see why it was created, where it fits into the Elixir landscape, its pros, cons, and when someone might want to use it over other frameworks :023:

2 Likes