My Elixir livestreams on Twitch

Hey Elixir people!

I have being doing this livestreams where I do open-source contributions (some of them were on elixir core) and side projects.

My intention with it would be to both incentivize OSS contributions and teaching a bit of elixir at the same time I’m learning it myself.

For those who get interested, my intention is to have at least 1 live a week, please subscribe here:

PS.: Today I’m going to do a livestream learning to use muzak on a open-source project I maintain. Feel free to join me there.

24 Likes

Followed! :slight_smile:

For those who missed the last live, I exported the whole live to my youtube channel:

3 Likes

Also, I will start a new livestream soon. My objective today is to create a new side project using phoenix liveview, so if anyone is interested, feel free to join me there!

1 Like

And here is the recording, did mess up a bit on the beginning, and got caught on trying to explain liveview instead of actually doing the project, but hey maybe useful to someone right? :smiley:

4 Likes

Hey everyone!

Next livestream is scheduled for tomorrow, Friday, May 14th 17:30 UTC. Here are the issues I’m planning to tackle during it:

Feel free to follow me on twitch to get notified when it starts, see you there.

4 Likes

Going live in 15-30 min, join me there to chat a bit and contribute with me :wink: https://twitch.tv/kelvinstin

Thanks everyone that watched the livestream! I do export it to youtube if you want to watch

I didn’t actually get to the side project, got stuck on the open-source contribution to hex, but was cool either way. See you!

PS.: there were some leftovers, I might actually do other quick lives during the weekend, just to finish it up.

1 Like

Hey, I’m doing a quick livestream in around 15 min, to try to write tests for the contribution I did on the last one. If you’re free, join me there https://twitch.tv/kelvinstin

I’m been thinking about doing something like this as well. Followed on Twitch!

1 Like

Cool! The more the merrier :smiley: Followed you back there :slight_smile: Waiting for the first one :wink:

Here’s how that went:

Didn’t get to actually fix the test that was failing, but actually discovered reason for the failing test was an error on my contribution, you check the comment I sent on the PR after the livestream for more info

Hey everyone! My next livestream is going to be today, May 18th, at 18UTC. I’m going to be implementing what @ericmj suggested on the PR I’ve being working on the past 2 livestreams. See you there!

1 Like

Going live in a couple minutes, join me there!

I’m always a bit of. Today I caught the last 10 seconds :slight_smile:
I just wanted to say keep it up.

1 Like

haha, no problem, next time you catch me live (probably friday, 17:30 UTC btw)

For the others that also missed it, here is the permanent recording on youtube:

3 Likes

Heeeey! Me again, next livestream is going to be tomorrow, 17:30 UTC. The issue I’m handling is this one: Add the balance to the transactions page · Issue #1 · kelvinst/koins · GitHub. It’s a side project I started some livestreams ago, to toy around a bit with liveview, so if you’re interested on a practical use of liveview on a pretty “standard” application (it’s a personal finance manager), save the time :wink:

BTW, I’m now going to have Friday afternoons saved for that, so that’s guaranteed to be a time I’m going to be live every week (Fridays 17:30 UTC). I will still do bonus livestreams other days of the week though (even weekends sometimes), so keep tuned in.

PS.: follow me on twitch to get notifications when I get live.

Hey! Getting live in around 15 min

And here’s the recording for those who missed