Live_render inside regular template sends both app and live layout

hello,

with latest liveview 0.15.4 when I live_render from a regular template, I get both the app layout and the live layout superposed

aren’t we supposed to get the live layout only for live routes ?
thanks

To be clear you have app layout render twice? once because you are in a regular page, and a second time when rendering with live_render?

<APP Layout>
  <!-- live render -->
  <APP Layout>
  <LIVE Layout>content</LIVE Layout>
  </APP Layout>
  <!-- end live render -->
</APP Layout>

I render the live view from within a template new.html.eex from regular http request
with live_render inside the new.html.eex template

so I have the root and app layout which is normal, but I also have the live layout rendered on top of the live_render block which is surprising since it is supposed to be used only for live routes

I does not render for live routes, it seems to wrap LiveViews . It just so happens that you use a LiveView for a live route so it may look that way. But I suspect if you live_render a LiveView inside another LiveView, you will render live.html.leex twice.

I don’t know your situation, but if you must keep the page normal and just render the LiveView in there, maybe you can define a new blank layout template (ex: just wrap it in a div), and use that when defining the LiveView.

that is what I did, let the live layout almost blank
maybe that was in old versions of liveview that the live layout was there only for live routes
thank you anyway

I’ve also seen this happen because of malformed HTML (an excess closing , to be precise) in the layout file. This issue is likely one of of the reasons for the move from .leex to .heex templates.