Live View live uploads max_entries constraint

I was wondering if anyone has encountered recent trouble rendering errors for the max_entries constraint with Phoenix Live View live uploads?

I am noticing that the max_file_size constraint renders errors as expected, but the max_entries only renders an error once with the overarching @uploads.your_config_name.errors. For instance, it does not render any errors using the upload_errors/2 function.

For instance:

# max_entries: 2

<%= for entry <- @uploads.your_config_name.entries do %>
  <%= for err <- upload_errors(@uploads.your_config_name, entry) do %>
    <%= humanize(err) %>
  <% end %>
<% end %>

This is not returning any errors when trying to upload more than the allotted max_entries constraint. However, it will return the :too_large error if any of the uploads are over the max_file_size constraint.

I am able to return the :too_many_files error once, rather than for each file (as is the case with the max_file_size constraint), when making a standalone call to @uploads.your_config_name.errors:

<%= for {_ref, error} <- @uploads.your_config_name.errors do %>
  <%= humanize(err) %>
<% end %>

This will return the :too_many_files error once, but never more than that. Whereas it will return the :too_large error per file that is over the max_file_size constraint.

Update

I am noticing the following returns for the {_ref, error} above:

# max_file_size
{"4", :too_large}

# max_entries
{"phx-FnJzgHSa0PgcUgIF", :too_many_files}

This is where I think my issue is.

Update 2

I just went with a workaround where I don’t render the :too_many_files error with each file, but rather render the error just once.

Update 3

I now realize that this is the expected behavior. I’ve updated the title as the behavior is correct. I’m sorry! :heart:

I am using Phoenix Live View 0.15.4, Phoenix 1.5.8, and Elixir 1.11.4-otp-23.

Thank you :blush: