Livebook 0.4.1 without Input cells

I am running livebook locally installed via mix escript.install hex livebook. Both the Phoenix Dashboard as well as the version switch on the binary showing version 0.4.1:

livebook  --version
Erlang/OTP 24 [erts-12.1.5] [source] [64-bit] [smp:8:8] [ds:8:8:10] [async-threads:1] [jit]

Elixir 1.13.0 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 22)

Livebook 0.4.1

If I start livebook and create or open a notebook, I cannot insert any input cells - it only shows up with “Markdown”, “Elixir” and “Section”.

I am running elixir on a recent Ubuntu Linux. The Erlang base packages are installed from the official Erlang Solutions repository. My elixir installation is based on an asdfinstall. I already did the asdf reshim elixir after installing livebook. I tried to remove and reinstall livebook by mix escript.uninstall livebook too but without any noticeable effect.
Furthermore, I cleared the browser cache and checked it in another browser, even without any success.

Could anybody give some hints about what I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance

Michael

You should now use Kino for it. Check out Jóse’s Advent of Code streams for usage examples.

https://hexdocs.pm/kino/Kino.Input.html

2 Likes

@egze Thanks for the answer. I’d also took a look at one of the last Jóse’s AoC videos, which use Inputs the same way. I get confused from the livebook 0.2 announcement stream and did not get that it was change meanwhile.