Obramax is a two-year-old retail startup that expanded from Europe into Brazil. We have solid corporate backing from Group Adeo and are part of the same family of companies such as Leroy Merlin, Bricoman, Zodio, Decathelon, and 20 others that together are responsible for over €23b in annual revenues.
Over the past two years Obramax grew from 10 to nearly 300 people and counting. 2019 will be a special year as we start to shift focus from brick-and-mortar expansion to expanding our digital product offering.
To help us get there, we need senior and mid-level Elixir developers (backend and fullstack) to help us build our APIs and work on other internal products.
- Write clean, reusable, and well-tested and documented code.
- Participate in sprint planning and come up with solutions to problems.
- Work and collaborate with different team members across the organisation.
- Be a thought partner.
- 1+ year experience in the Elixir ecosystem, especially Phoenix 1.4 and Ecto.
- Familiarity with contexts and Umbrella apps.
- Ability to write clean, reusable and well-tested and documented code.
- Experience using or working with git, GitHub, Heroku, and Postgresql.
- Independent and motivated, not afraid to chip in with ideas and help come up with solutions.
- Able to talk to and empathise with end users and employees at different levels and in different positions in the company.
- Fluent in Portuguese and at least basic English, spoken and written (enough to allow you to read and understand documentation and work with library authors and collaborators on GitHub).
- You love Elixir.
- Background in Ruby and/or Rails
- Experience with AWS.
My name: Mohamad El-Husseini
My position: Head of Ecommerce
Company name: Obramax
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): We are a three-year-old retail startup backed by Group Adeo. We use Elixir for rest APIs both internally (to support systems like point of sale, ecommerce website, mobile apps, etc…) and externally third party systems.
About the job
Job title: elixir Developer, Fullstack Developer
Job description: See above
Salary range: Competitive CLT / PJ
Position on remote work: Onsite preferred, but open to remote.
What the successful job applicant will be working on: Our APIs and portfolio of internal products and maybe some new ideas.
About the interview process
You will chat with me and our CTO. If we think you are a good fit, we’ll make you an offer.
Please send an email with a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Please include a link to your portfolio and blog if any.