My name: Jens Göring
My position: VP of Engineering
Company name: LANA Labs
At Lana Labs we build the next generation technology that aims to change the way companies do process analysis. We are passionate about building high quality software, always challenging ourselves to keep on learning and find solutions for new problems.
Our Process Mining engine is built on a modern stack of technologies that allow us to write high quality code fast and deliver answers to complex data mining problems to the user in real time.
We believe that working together, having fun together and supporting each other is essential to achieve our goal - to realize the world’s improvement potential by enabling people, machines & organizations to get better every day.
How we work
- We embrace a programming language agnostic view on problem solving, we encourage you to make use of your existing knowledge and to experiment with new technologies. On the backend we are mainly using Elixir, Rust and Scala.
- We communicate clearly about technical decisions and trade-offs in design and strive towards efficiency.
- We have a service oriented architecture, incorporating big data technologies and machine learning.
- We use shape-up by basecamp as our agile framework.
- We encourage personal growth.
- We discourage overwork.
About the job
Job title: Mid/Senior Backend Engineer
- Take end-to-end ownership of your systems and products
- Discover, scope, design and implement solutions to fascinating data processing challenges
- Work in close contact with our product and data science teams to discover the best solutions to our customer’s problems
- Drive technical innovation of our products by challenging the status quo
- Investigate new technologies and invent new solutions to existing problems
- Review and support the work of your team members, encourage everyone to abide by high software engineering standards
- Mentor, guide and coach junior developers
Salary range: TBD
Position on remote work: Need to be near Berlin
Qualifications or experience required:
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Strong foundations in any functional programming language ( Elixir, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell, OCaml, Scala)
- Deep knowledge with data structures and algorithms for complex domains, including database schema modeling
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. OLAP, columnar databases, batch processing)
- Experience in web-development and API design
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
Depends on the candidate
About the interview process
First call, technical assessment, get to know the team, we aim for < 2 weeks
Please apply here: https://lana-labs.breezy.hr/p/97bcbc3957a601-senior-backend-developer