Pragmatic Studio Unpacked: Full-Stack GraphQL Setup

Hello on the Pragmatic Studio’s course for a full-stack GraphQL app there is some setup instructions. I was able to setup the backend just fine, but the front end I followed the below instructions and…

INSTRUCTIONS START

7. Start the Frontend React-Apollo App

To start the frontend React app:

1. In a separate terminal session, change into the getaways/frontend directory:

cd getaways/frontend

1. Next, install the NPM package dependencies:

npm install

You’ll see some warnings from external packages. It’s nothing to worry about.
3. Now you’re ready to start the development server:

npm start

1. And now if you browse to http://localhost:3000/ you should see all the vacation places listed on the home page of the Getaways app!
    INSTRUCTIONS END

My code breaks I am not able to open http://localhost:3000/

This is what my terminal reads:

‘’’
Starting the development server…

/Users/kimberlybrooke/Desktop/pragstudio-unpacked-graphql-code/getaways/frontend/node_modules/chokidar/lib/fsevents-handler.js:28
return (new fsevents(path)).on(‘fsevent’, callback).start();
^

TypeError: fsevents is not a constructor
at createFSEventsInstance (/Users/kimberlybrooke/Desktop/pragstudio-unpacked-graphql-code/getaways/frontend/node_modules/chokidar/lib/fsevents-handler.js:28:11)
at setFSEventsListener (/Users/kimberlybrooke/Desktop/pragstudio-unpacked-graphql-code/getaways/frontend/node_modules/chokidar/lib/fsevents-handler.js:82:16)
at FSWatcher.FsEventsHandler._watchWithFsEvents (/Users/kimberlybrooke/Desktop/pragstudio-unpacked-graphql-code/getaways/frontend/node_modules/chokidar/lib/fsevents-handler.js:252:16)
at FSWatcher. (/Users/kimberlybrooke/Desktop/pragstudio-unpacked-graphql-code/getaways/frontend/node_modules/chokidar/lib/fsevents-handler.js:386:25)
at LOOP (fs.js:1902:14)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:77:11)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! getaways-react@0.1.0 start: react-scripts start
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the getaways-react@0.1.0 start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /Users/kimberlybrooke/.npm/_logs/2021-11-16T16_57_50_570Z-debug.log
‘’’

Does anyone have a good solution as to how I can get this up and going?

Thank you
-Kim

I found a github issue with similar error that you described. Maybe you can get some idea on how to fix it.

1 Like

Thank you jhefreyzz