Problem while running ecto.create on dev environment

Hi, this is my first time trying to create a phoenix project, and i’m currently using Phoenix 1.2, a guy in a course told that is one of the best versions to try learning the framework, but while runningmix ecto.create i’m getting the following error:

ERROR:

warning: found quoted keyword "test" but the quotes are not required. Note that keywords are always atoms, even when quoted. Similar to atoms, keywords made exclusively of Unicode letters, numbers, underscore, and @ do not require quotes
  mix.exs:52

Compiling 12 files (.ex)

== Compilation error in file lib/discuss/repo.ex ==
** (ArgumentError) missing :adapter option on use Ecto.Repo
    lib/ecto/repo/supervisor.ex:66: Ecto.Repo.Supervisor.compile_config/2
    lib/discuss/repo.ex:2: (module)
    (stdlib) erl_eval.erl:670: :erl_eval.do_apply/6
    (elixir) lib/kernel/parallel_compiler.ex:229: anonymous fn/4 in Kernel.ParallelCompiler.spawn_workers/7

Anyone could help ?

I’m no Phoenix expert but that advise seems unusual. I would suggest the current Phoenix is the right place to start. You build for the future, not the past.

Your error suggests that the :adapter needs to be configured in your Repo. See https://hexdocs.pm/ecto/Ecto.Repo.html where the start of the page has examples.

Note too the warning - hopefully that message is clear enough and it should be easy to fix.

Welcome!

I’m also going to suggest that this is not a good idea. Phoenix 1.2 was released over 3 years ago. Documentation has moved on, the language has changed, and the people who are around to answer your question have all moved on.

Before we can answer your specific question, you’ll want to provide some more information about your project, how was it created?

1 Like

Thanks for the help guys, the problem was the dependecy phoenix_ecto, the version 3.5.0 was retired from the hexpm repository and the phoenix was trying to this version, i installed the 3.4.0 and everything works fine.

Special thanks for sharing your opinions about using an old version of the framework, really considering to start my journey on the last Phoenix version.