Programming Elixir chapter 13 problem

Hello,

I have the same issue on my windows 7 box. On my mac, the same project works like a charm. I digged a little bit and things are not that fun on the windows front: simply put, httpoison dependencies are not compiled on windows.

There is hope : hacking a little, you can make things work. Here is what I have done:

• in deps\unicode_util_compat\rebar.config.script, I added a new pre_hook for win32 and win64 (I really don’t know if the win64 target system really exists…) to compile it. I have something like this:
                  {"(freebsd|openbsd)", compile, "gmake -C uc_spec all"},
    		  {"(win32|win64)", compile, "make -C uc_spec all"}]
    		  } | CONFIG]
  • in deps\certifi\rebar.config, I added a similar pre_hook:
             {"(freebsd|openbsd)", compile, "gmake -C certs_spec all"},
    	     {"(win32|win64)", compile, "make -C certs_spec all"}
    	    ]
    }
  • run mix deps.compile --force

If your system does not have make available, you’ll need to install it, ever from GnuWin32 or from MinGW/MSYS. I chose the first because google gave it to me first.

This made the job on my machine. It’s already a dev machine, so I may already have installed tools you’ll need to make it work on yours. Note that I hardly know what I’m doing here, I’m also at chapter 13 of the book :smile:

I’ll open a issue on those projects to see if the author can do something less ugly, or at least more documented.

2 Likes