ReasonML with Phoenix?

The funny thing is when I first came to Elixir I was surprised at how experienced everyone was - part of the reason I started the forum actually was to get more people like me (non-experts!) into Elixir :slight_smile: But yeah, on the whole I think we’ve got a good mix here now - and particularly over the last couple of years we’ve attracted many more newcomers to Elixir and some to programming in general as well.

I can’t speak for communities like OCaml, but I guess they are simply not attracting the same number of people other languages are - hence the people in their communities seem to be getting older with time, with fewer young people entering. Again I cannot speak for other communities but I would not always correlate maturity with age - I have seen (and hosted!) communities predominantly aimed at older people and they have been far from what we might consider mature.

In terms of community spirit though @mithereal, I think you will be hard pressed to find a more happy and helpful community than in Elixir :003:

1 Like