REKKI is an app that makes ordering between independent restaurants and suppliers easier, more efficient and more accountable. We see it as our duty to reimagine the supply chain for the food industry. We believe independent restaurants are fundamental to society - they provide a space to connect and actually talk to each other - and we work to make them sustainable businesses.
My name: Steven Blowers
My position: Backend Elixir Engineer
Company name: REKKI
Elixir at REKKI: Elixir is at the heart of our system at REKKI, we have an umbrella project with ~300K LOC and ~12K commits which services all requests from the user and more.
About the job
Job title: Backend Engineer
Location: London, United Kingdom
- Work in a multidisciplinary team with product, design, research and data science driving the product roadmap from idea to production
- Be responsible for working on the core REKKI products, taking full ownership of crafting an unrivalled experience for our users.
- Contribute significantly to our technical architecture as we grow & scale
- Be proud of what you ship at REKKI. You will make REKKI the place you do the best work of your career.
Salary range: Competitive
Position on remote work: No remote workers currently
Qualifications or experience required:
- Strong sense of ownership
- Self-motivation and an enjoyment for a startup environment
- You have 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience of building services at high scale (500k + visitors per day)
- Good communication skills
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
About the interview process
No strict process, but usually involves a take-home code challenge and face-to-face time at the office.
Engineering at REKKI
We work in small, focussed teams and take ownership of the things we build, allowing everyone to have impact and influence. Our user-centric approach means we collaborate with people across the business, and we’re always willing to try something new if it’s the best thing for the REKKI community. We’re not scared to take risks that we believe will pay off in the long term, even if that means building our own tools from scratch.
Why Join REKKI?
Currently headquartered in London, but with an ever growing global presence, our team is made up of passionate people (many of whom are ex-chefs and former REKKI users themselves) who are dedicated to making REKKI a world class product for the people we serve. We are hiring for extremely ambitious individuals who want to do things differently. We want your experience with REKKI to be career defining and will settle for nothing less.
Also note: If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway!