Secure Files Transfers Servers in various languages Discussion

I totally recommend OCaml for concurrency; in 2020 (with luck, 2021 otherwise) :wink:

2 Likes

Do you know of good libraries that bring ADTs / GADTs to Racket?

1 Like

I want to clarify that, because in hindsight I realize that my attempted humorous comment could appear to be snarky and critical.

I am actually excited about the OCaml work on concurrency, and believe that it will be delivered in the relatively near future, 2020 is a real possibility. It’s been a really long time coming, thus the jokes about it since it’s been “maybe in a year or two” for a very long time. However, it’s been slow because the people working on it have been very careful to try to get it right, and the progress over the past year has been very promising.

3 Likes

@dimitarvp if I remember correctly you have union types in typed racket: 4 Types in Typed Racket (section 4.4)

Also I found https://docs.racket-lang.org/phc-adt-implementation/phc-adt_adtadt.html but haven’t actually used it yet, though it looks nice :slight_smile:

Btw. I simply love the racket docs :smiley:

2 Likes

Me too, they are amazingly well-written. Rivalling Elixir even. :wink:

2 Likes

Yep Typed Racket has types for that as @mmmrrr stated. :slight_smile:

I’ve been watching the progress the past year, so many related PR’s merged into mainline to help support it! :slight_smile: