Senior Back End Engineer @Simplecast (A SiriusXM Company) - Remote, USA

Hi there! My name is Tony Collen, and I’m a Sr. Software Engineer at Simplecast/Adswizz/SiriusXM. We have an opening on the team for a full-time, remote back-end engineer.

I am not the hiring manager, but if you have any questions, please PM me and I’ll see what I can find out!

If you’re interested, please apply at: SiriusXM Careers - Senior Back End Engineer - AdsWizz (U.S.Remote)

My name: Tony Collen
My position: Senior Back-End Software Engineer
Company name: SiriusXM/Simplecast
Company info and history:

Since 2013, Simplecast has helped creators publish their podcasts the easy way with hosting, distribution, analytics & sharing tools. Thousands of individual creators and companies have trusted Simplecast with their audio, including The New York Times, Univision, NBC, Politico, Maximum Fun, and many other names you know and love.

Over the last five years, we’ve been hard at work to usher podcasting into the future, by building the platform we’ve always dreamed of — with more listener insights than ever before, and as easy to publish, share and scale as any other medium.

In June, 2020, Simplecast joined the SiriusXM–Pandora Media family, where we’ll be able to help podcasters and their shows go even further. Along with AdsWizz, Simplecast is breaking ground on unique distribution opportunities and exciting new revenue-generating tools as part of the “SXM MEDIA” group.

About the job

Job title: Senior Back-End Engineer
Job description:
Salary range:
Position on remote work: We are remote-friendly. Simplecast has been remote from the start!
Qualifications or experience required:

• Thorough knowledge of Elixir Programming language
  • Understand RESTful application development
  • Understanding of multiple AWS services such as S3, Cloudfront, S3, SNS and Lambda
  • Deep understanding of PostgreSQL
  • Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Kafka
  • Deep understanding of Git

What the successful job applicant will be working on:

Contribute to API engineering in the Elixir Programming language. Collaborate with the team to coordinate defining, tasking, and implementing features. Actively participate in code reviews and scrum methodology.

Duties and Responsibilities:

Know Elixir well and use it to build scalable, highly available systems. Care about and have a history of creating great experiences for users. Continually refine your craft and look for opportunities to teach others. Balance building new features with a high level of code quality and ensure optimal customer value over the long term.

About the interview process

We have both technical and cultural interviews. It’s our philosophy to try to make the interview process both thorough and concise, as such we favor more panel-style interviews and fewer overall interview sessions.

Further info

Apply here: SiriusXM Careers - Senior Back End Engineer - AdsWizz (U.S.Remote)

1 Like