Senior Backend Engineer - Elixir at ScoreBreak (Poland, Ukraine; remote)

Introductory paragraph

ScoreBreak is looking to bring a Senior backend Elixir Developer to the team!

We are a highly utilized sports film analysis company. We’ve been changing the way sports teams recruit, scout, and review game and practice film with innovative new features. At ScoreBreak, you will work with a team of smart and dedicated engineers who take pride in their craft and strive to deliver the best game film analysis tools used by professionals and collegiate programs.

See ScoreBreak in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McV8UUxB7KQ

We hope to hear from you!

Among other tools and technologies, we are using the followings in our Elixir ecosystem:

Web: Phoenix
GraphQL: Absinthe
Storage: Ecto
CI: ExUnit

About us

My name: Jordan Hendry
My position: Founder & CEO
My email: jordan@scorebreak.io
Company name: ScoreBreak Inc.
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): Founded in 2015, ScoreBreak is a vertically integrated video solutions company that helps teams review past performance and prepare for upcoming opponents. We strive to enable our clients to get more output using less input than with previous softwares they may have been using.

We use phoenix 1.4 app + absinthe 1.5-beta, serving graphql to our Ember web application and our iOS and macOS native applications. Additionally we have a simple web based admin panel on top of phoenix.

About the job

Job title: Senior Backend Engineer - Elixir
Job description: https://nofluffjobs.com/job/sr-backend-engineer-elixir-scorebreak-remote-szakc9gm
Salary range: 12k-20k PLZ / mo.
Position on remote work: Position is remote
Qualifications or experience required: Senior
What the successful job applicant will be working on: New features, maintenance of existing features, and bug fixing

About the interview process

The interview will start with a audio call with myself and our CTO. Second interview with additional members of the engineering team.

Further info

If interested, please apply via https://nofluffjobs.com/job/sr-backend-engineer-elixir-scorebreak-remote-szakc9gm

2 Likes

ScoreBreak looks neat - it’s nice seeing Elixir being used in this space!

Are you the ex professional athlete Jordan Hendry btw? If so it’s cool to see you move into the tech game :sunglasses:

1 Like

I played lacrosse professionally ¯_(ツ)_/¯ ! Alas, I am not the professional athlete I believe you reference :wink:

Thank you and all others involved in elixirforum so much for putting this community together @AstonJ. It’s great to have a resource like this. We moved over from a NodeJS API, and have been thrilled with Elixir / Phoenix / GraphQL. We are looking to move to a PostgreSQL db, that is one of the projects we hope to take on with the correct match :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Haha I did think that at first, but then added ‘ScoreBreak’ to the search and found the real you :003:

You’re welcome and it’s great to see you moved to Elixir from Node. Postgres is an excellent choice too - I’m sure you won’t regret it.

Good luck with finding someone to join your team :023: