Senior Elixir Developer - CollX, Philadelphia, USA / Remote

About Us:
CollX is changing the face of card collecting, bringing computer vision, machine learning, and other technology to the Hobby. We began by solving a very simple and age-old problem: helping collectors figure out what their cards are worth. The CollX app, launched in early 2022, enables anyone to snap a photo of a trading card, instantly ID it, and get the current market value. From there you can scan your collection, follow your friends, and buy, sell or trade with others. The app has quickly grown to more than 500,000 users, who have scanned 75 million cards in the first year!

My name: Ted Mann
My position: CEO
Company name: CollX
Company website: http://collx.app
Company headquarters: Philadelphia, PA (USA)
Company info and history:

Thanks to incredible growth in our first year, CollX updated our backend to utilize Elixir and GraphQL, which have provided outstanding performance and scalability. We’re looking for an Elixir Developer to join our growing team. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing, sharing, and enhancing best practices for the full software development life cycle. The company is building a marketplace for trading cards that handles all aspects of deal negotiation and facilitates transactions between buyers and sellers. This is an excellent opportunity for developers who are eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment.

About the job

Job title: Senior Elixir Developer

Job description:

• Analyze problems and build solutions that are high performant, scalable, and reliable
  • Identify and support the software delivery lifecycle from design to implementation
  • Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to conduct automation testing and check for performance bottlenecks

Salary range: $100k to $140k depending on experience

Position on remote work: Position can be remote or in-person

Qualifications or experience required:

• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
  • Solid understanding of GraphQL
  • At least 4+ years of relevant experience as a software developer
  • Proficiency in Elixir
  • Prior experience developing mobile applications is a plus
  • Demonstrable experience in building marketplace facilitation systems is a plus
  • Excellent communication and collaboration skills
  • Fluent in conversational and written English

Email career@collx.app to apply.

3 Likes

Email sended

Just downloaded the app to force myself to organize my MTG cards but found it is supposed to organize baseball cards :sweat_smile:

Works for Magic (and Pokémon and Yu-gi-oh) too!

2 Likes

Ohh nice. Gonna try that this weekend

Maybe also apply for the position :smile: