Senior Elixir Engineer - EnquireLabs, New York, Remote USA

Introductory paragraph

EnquireLabs is looking foPreformatted textr a Senior Elixir Developer to help lead the design and implementation of our next-generation customer insights platform. You’ll be part of a collaborative team creating a first-class user experience on top of a rock-solid technical foundation. We’re a seed-stage SaaS working with 2,500+ direct-to-consumer brands (i.e. Allbirds, Dr Squatch, NoBull).

About us

My name: Matt Bahr
My position: CEO
Company name: EnquireLabs
Company website: https://EnquireLabs.com
Company headquarters (country): USA
Company info and history: We’re a venture-backed seed-stage software startup built on Elixir + Phoenix (utilizing LiveView). Our product is a survey solution that serves questions to ~10mm users a month – we currently have 2,500 customers (most in the direct-to-consumer ecommerce space, i.e. AllBirds, Skims, NoBull).

About the job

Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job description:
EnquireLabs is looking for a Senior Elixir Developer to help lead the design and implementation of our next-generation customer insights platform.

Your Impact

The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of OTP and Elixir programming paradigms. You’ll be confident with large-scale, concurrent code as well as with the nuances of the Erlang VM.

Salary range: $175 to $225k
Position on remote work: Half our team is remote, other half is hybrid in NYC

Qualifications or experience required:

• At least 8 years of professional software development experience
  • At least 2 years of professional experience with Elixir and OTP

What the successful job applicant will be working on:

• Improve the performance of our analytics reporting. Customers with large datasets have to wait too long to view their analytics. That makes them–and us–sad. We’d like to fix that.
  • Develop a more flexible architecture for our Question Engine. The Question Engine is the heart of what we do at EnquireLabs and we’re constantly working to make it more robust, powerful, and performant.
  • Thoughtfully redesign our data architecture, implement a new data schema, and migrate our data to the new schema.
  • Design and build an infrastructure that can grow with our company. This could mean improving data storage technology, performance optimization, developing new data structures, creating a distributed system–there are lots of opportunities to explore.
  • Improve the architecture of our SDK so that more developers can integrate our product into more online experiences. Be an advocate for third-party developers using our SDK.
  • Find a hosting solution that allows us to run distributed Elixir, and migrate the application to the new platform. Right now we’re on Heroku, so we can’t leverage some of the power of OTP.
  • Continually refine our development workflow from start to finish: design our best practices for writing code, code review, testing, documentation, product management, quality assurance and deployment.
  • Collaborate with founders, designers, customer support, and marketing to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.

Technology

We’ve intentionally kept our platform simple to start. We’re a small team, so we tend to be pragmatic in our technology choices. The platform is an Elixir application with a Phoenix app handling web requests. Our data is stored in a managed Postgres instance. We deploy to Heroku using their pipelines feature. We use a handful of third-party integrations for error reporting and application performance monitoring.

About the interview process

1. 15 Minute Introductory Call
  2. Technical Discussion
  3. Technical Project & Review
  4. Meet with our CEO
  5. Reference Checks

Further info

Please contact me at matt@enquirelabs.com or apply herePreformatted text.

6 Likes