Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travelers, data and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to GET EVERY TRAVELLER THE BEST ACCOMMODATION DEAL, WORLDWIDE. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we genuinely care so that every traveller can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
My name: Andreea Tataru
My position: HR Operations Manager
Company name: FindHotel
Country: The Netherlands
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc): FindHotel is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The team is very international and working from several countries worldwide.
Read about how we adopted Elixir at FindHotel
About the job
Job title: Senior Elixir Engineer (remote/relocation possible)
Salary range: 50K-80K EUR
Position on remote work: Open to remote
Qualifications or experience required:
- You have at least 6 years experience in back-end development using a modern set up and tooling.
- You have previous experience building applications using Elixir or another modern functional programming language.
- You have a great understanding of APIs, databases, data structures, queues, and all things back-end, with a strong passion for automation.
- You have worked on a production system that was exposed to significant scale (whether traffic or amount of data) and you are excited about these kind of challenges.
- You have a sense of pragmatism, constantly finding the right balance between achieving technical excellence and delivering value to the end users.
- You write tests as part of your coding routine and you strive for code quality and maintainability.
- You are flexible, curious, and data-guided in helping us decide what to work on next.
- You engage with your team and all the engineering group actively, sharing knowledge and best practices in order to improve with them every day.
- You have production experience working with AWS and you have taken care of CI / deployments / infrastructure in the past.
- You are familiar with Agile Methodologies.
- You treat documentation as a first-class citizen.
- Experience with Terraform is a nice to have.
- Experience with payment gateways integration is a plus.
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
- Work in a team to solve challenging problems, integrating accommodation providers and building blazing-fast services that serve their data.
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvements in terms of performance and code quality.
- Help improving our infrastructure and scale it to support our continuous growth in a cost-effective way.
- Support the growth of junior and intermediate engineers by coaching them in their daily tasks, as well as raising the bar at how things are done within both your team and the bigger engineering group.
About the interview process
First chat> interview with hiring manager> assignment> technical interview> assessment day
Please apply via the careers website.