We’re a fully funded and remote company with 5 employees in 5 different locations, across 3 majorly different timezones (CEST, NZST, CST).
As co-founders, we’re very lucky to say that this is the second time we’ve all worked together. We met while building Travis CI and after 2+ years growing our expertise elsewhere, we’re now excited to help companies understand what their customers value
Valued is developer-first platform that encourages teams’ alignment through data. We’re building a product that customers love based on actual product usage, while helping others do the same.
My name: Josh Kalderimis
My position: CEO
Company name: Highly Valued
About the job
Job title: Senior Elixir Engineer
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer, who will help us build the core data streaming experience and our web application backend at Valued, developing a secure and flexible product analytics platform.
We are rapidly growing and adjusting the product technology we use as we see fit. You’ll be an essential part of these decisions. As one of our first engineers, you will be instrumental in architectural and technological decisions, with a lot of room to grow both individually and as a team.
Our technology stack currently includes:
- Core application built with the Phoenix web framework, with an HTML-over-the-wire frontend using LiveView.
- PostgreSQL and TimeScale DB.
- Terraform and Kubernetes, on top of GCP.
- Tools we use for development and communication include GitHub, Figma, Slack, and Slite.
We do not expect you to be well versed in all these tools. We do, however, expect you to be eager to learn.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working in backend and/or infrastructure engineering on a SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS application.
- Experience with Elixir and Phoenix or Erlang/OTP
- Highly collaborative. You have experience in pair programming, code reviews, discussions about architecture or data models.
- Able to work autonomously. We are in the very early stages of building a product and a company, which makes this role has a very high impact; but also, that you will have to manage a good part of your focus, time, and workload yourself.
- Fluent in English. You should be able to communicate with the rest of the team, both synchronously and asynchronously.
Optional Bonus Points
- You’ve worked remotely before and/or understand the challenges around working across different time zones.
- You have experience with segment.io, mixpanel.com, amplitude.com, or similar tools.
- You have experience with event streaming and related technologies, like Kafka, AMQP, or Redis.
- You have worked with data intensive applications