Well funded marketing technology innovator poised for breakout success is seeking a talented full stack senior engineer to join our growing team. Get in early. Company has a lot of momentum and growing client list. Undigital’s CEO is a 5X entrepreneur who has a track record of building healthy and successful companies from startup to annual revenues exceeding $100M. Our CTO has grown startups including successful exits to Google and TiVo totaling over $1 Billion.
You will play a pivotal role in the growth of UnDigital. We know that all e-commerce brands can benefit from our marketing technology that provides the perfect marketing message to every e-commerce customer inside their package. This is all automated between our cloud based scheduling engine and the printing kiosks we provide at fulfillment centers.
UnDigital works with big name retailers and our addressable market is huge. We have an exciting roadmap of innovative products.
Unboxing is one of the last great untapped marketing channels with massive year over year growth. Providing relevant marketing to every customer at the time they open their package is a must for serious e-commerce retailers interested in increasing brand affinity and revenue. Come join UnDigital and help be a part of this exciting opportunity!
We’d love to hear from you if you like:
- Start-up energy working with a brilliant and passionate team
- Moving fast and building new featureset
- Solving difficult problems with simple solutions
- Working across all parts of the stack
My name: Jesse Keane
My position: CTO
Company name: UnDigital
Company info and history :
Our platform codebase started a few years back with the initial decision to use Elixir and Phoenix for it’s efficient and performant operation.
About the job
Job title: Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with 5+ years of experience who loves tackling convoluted problems and coming up with clean, stable solutions that scale. The ideal candidate would be someone who has a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions. They would also be intimately familiar (and up to date) with their development ecosystem for making sound decisions when it comes to choosing the right tool or library for the job. We expect our engineers to be able to contribute across the entire product stack, as well as collectively oversee the integrity of the codebase.
Our technical stack:
- Elixir (Phoenix + React/Redux)
- REST API
- Terraform / Ansible / Packer
- Participate in design and development of projects, either independently or in a team.
- Participate in product decision making, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Be self sufficient and take responsibility of seeing projects through to successful conclusions.
- Lead design and development of projects, either independently or in a team.
- Be the gatekeeper of the codebase and ensure that it stays stable, readable, and free of technical debt.
- Manage and own the full lifecycle of the code from design, architecture, deployment to in production operation.
- Stay informed of latest technologies and best practices to contribute to design and architecture.
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical and dental benefits
- Stock options
Position on remote work: 100% Remote!
Qualifications or experience required:
- 5+ years of full time software development experience - Elixir / C# / Java.
- Strong software development and object oriented fundamentals.
- Proficient with AWS.
- Proficient with domain driven design and services.
- Familiarity with React.
- Knowledge of good practices, preferred design patterns, and writing idiomatic code.
- Solid understanding of performance implications and scalability of code.
- Keenness for writing good, meaningful tests and maintaining thorough test coverage.
- Experience with large, complex code bases and know how to maintain them.
- Experience working on high traffic critical consumer facing production code.
Good to have:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with marketing or ad technologies.
- Experience with Elixir in a production environment.
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
This position will be working on all aspects of the system, we expect our engineering team to be knowledgeable of all systems within UnDigital. The engineering team is still small so this position will be in on the ground floor as we ramp up our growth phase. From the backend platform, front end interfaces, tooling, and dev ops, you will have the opportunity to contribute across the board.
About the interview process
- 30 min intro call with CTO.
- Coding challenge submission or code review.
- Deeper dive call with CTO and engineer.
- Call with our CEO and COO.
Please apply by sending your resume to