Edgewise is a leading vertical SaaS platform for the $350B+ new construction residential real estate market, allowing developers, builders, and brokers to easily manage and transact their developments online. Sellers representing billions of dollars in real estate inventory use our platform to grow their businesses.
My name: Dylan Qian
My position: COO
Company name: Edgewise
Company website: www.edgewise.io
Company headquarters (country): United States
Company info and history:
We’ve created an industry leading end to end platform for residential real estate developers/sellers (1) to manage and automate their sales, marketing, inventory, and contracts, and (2) to enable seamless online real estate transactions. Our entire backend infrastructure is built on Elixir and all the goodness that entails.
About the job
Job title: Senior Software Engineer (Elixir)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to product and implement functional software solutions. As one of our first engineering hires, you’ll have an opportunity to own new features, transforming the way people purchase new homes. We have an opportunity to truly usher in the next era of real estate, and we hope you join us.
Salary range: $130k-150k depending on experience + equity
Position on remote work: Fully remote
What you’ll bring:
- 4 years software engineering experience with a track record of ownership
- Production experience in Elixir
- Production experience using Phoenix framework
- Comfortable in Postgres and MySQL databases
- Comfortable using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience using GraphQL
- Effective communication skills to explain reasoning/tradeoffs as well as both give and receive constructive feedback
- Self-starter attitude with a disciplined work ethic
- Able to work remotely, independently without constant supervision
- Understanding of system architecture and design
- A penchant for properly naming things
- An allergy to “dirty” code
- Experience building GraphQL APIs
- Experience in CI/CD tooling (eg, Codefresh)
- Experience with DataDog
- Experience Sentry or Honeybadger
- Previous experience working at an early stage company
- Ability to collaborate / compromise with product to bring features to market
- Set realistic / pragmatic deliverables to continually deliver without adding unserviceable technical debt
- Experience with sprints / kanban
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
You’ll lead feature development and platform improvements to create a better experience for our customers and keep Edgewise at the forefront of vertical SaaS for real estate.
You’ll set the technical direction for Edgewise and shape a rapidly growing team.
You’ll develop and execute on short, medium, and long term product roadmaps aligned with the company’s overall strategy and vision.
You’ll work on challenging engineering problems in a fast paced environment.
How we hire
At Edgewise, we are looking for long term team members who can grow with us. We care more about your past projects and experience vs. coding questions. Here’s the process we use to build our team.:
- Apply on our job site and submit an application with relevant information
- 30 minute initial call (non-technical) with one of our team members so you can better understand what the company does and is looking for
- 30 minute interview with our CTO (not a coding interview, but may ask technical questions about your past work)
- 30 minute interview (non-technical) with our CEO
- Final decision - we’ll be in touch as quickly as possible so you aren’t waiting too long
Contact: hiring (at) edgewise.io