Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
My name: Nick Traylor
My position: Engineering Manager
Company name: Stord
Company website: www.stord.com
Company headquarters (country): USA
Company info and history (how you’re using Elixir etc):
Our backend infrastructure is fully comprised of elixir services utilizing the phoenix framework. We provide multiple products in the logistics space including an order management system, which manages the orders and inventory for a company by accepting orders from an upstream system (think shopify or other ecommerce platform) and sending to the appropriate facility, warehouse management system(WMS), downstream. Although we work with many WMSs, we have also built our own warehouse management system over the past year which powers our own network of facilities.
About the job
Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Salary range: $155k - $185k (depending on experience) + equity + bonus
Position on remote work: Fully Remote
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
We are looking for a talented and fast-paced engineer with 8+ years experience to join our team and assist with product expansion.
This role will work specifically on the Inventory team which is at the core of our platform. The Inventory team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the centralized inventory system for our Stord One Commerce platform. Members focus on ensuring the data accuracy of our Inventory system as well as working on enhancements that provide real time updates to upstream and downstream systems that rely on our inventory data
STORD engineers work within a team to contribute, improve, and scale our software; you’ll fully own entire features and influence the specs, build out/modify the back-end (Elixir/Phoenix) and own on-going improvements for a product rapidly impacting the entire third-party logistics (3PL) industry. Each member of the team has the ability to impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations.
What You’ll Do
- Own the software as you create, test, iterate, and deliver new features to the STORD platform
- Work across the company to understand customer and vendor pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Be surrounded by smart, driven individuals who are passionate about doing their best work every day
- Solve a wide variety of technical challenges as well as supply chain challenges that have yet to be solved
- Ensure that information security (IS) commitments and requirements are incorporated into the information technology processes, and that managers are enforcing IS policies and procedures in their departments.
What You’ll Need
- Passion for building the highest-quality software that delights the user
- Effective communication skills
- Flexibility to move quickly with a startup
- Ready to learn Elixir/Phoenix; experience with MVC frameworks
- Experience with React or React Native
- Appreciation of a test-driven and code-review culture
- Experience turning wireframes into production-level features
- The ability to write clean, reliable, and highly maintainable code
- The drive to solve problems
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with Elixir or functional programming
- Previous logistics or supply chain experience
- Previous experience in Fintech
About the interview process
The interview is a 5 part process:
- Internal Stord recruiter call (30 minutes)
- Engineering Manager Zoom call(60 minutes)
- Technical Assessment(async)
- Technical Depth Interview with Engineer(90 minutes)
- Leadership Interview with Director or VP (45 minutes)
Apply through our career’s page or via LinkedIn