Software is eating the world, and that software is going to be connected together. Xkit is helping bring that future to fruition by building tools that make it easier for developers to add integrations to their apps.
We’re a small, fully remote team. We pride ourselves on being able to “punch above our weight” - our ability to build products better and faster than teams that are orders of magnitude larger. We are first principles thinkers in everything from technical design to how we run engineering processes. Everyone on the team is capable of and prefers to operate with high levels of autonomy, but we often collaborate at the design level to find the best solutions for our customers.
We focus obsessively on the holistic customer experience, trying to figure out how best we can help the customer (even when that means teaching them the best way to do it themselves rather than selling them something). We cut scope aggressively, striving to deliver only what is absolutely needed and nothing superfluous. We take delight in our customers’ delights - the little things that make a product a pleasure to use - which we don’t consider superfluous, but rather essential to the product experience.
We try to operate by principles rather than by processes or rules.
Examples of how these attitudes manifest in our day-to-day lives include:
- No standups: no added value for our current team size
- Ignoring code coverage: tests should make our and our customers’ lives better; we’re after practical bug prevention, not a magic number
- One command deploys: changing code in production should be easy to do and easy to do right
We expect all members of our team to be:
- focused: on the customer, on the product, and on the business
- skilled: highly skilled in their field; good critical thinkers and fast learners outside of it
- workers: action-oriented, finishers, willing to contribute outside their area of expertise
My name: Trey Griffith
My position: CEO
Company name: Xkit
Company info and history:
Xkit lets developers add direct, native, embedded integrations to their SaaS app as easily as building a Zapier app. With one straightforward integration to Xkit, developers can add integrations to Salesforce, HubSpot, Zendesk, and others without writing any additional code. Most of the time, those integrations can even be added by non-engineers, like product managers and customer success managers.
Unlike other products in the market, we’re built from the ground up to serve the needs of developers and make sure we’re a stable part of their infrastructure even as their integrations grow more complex. That’s led to a few key decisions that differentiate us from the competition:
- We work with your existing API so that data flows through your application before hitting your database
- We allow for historical data sync
- New data and updates to data is on a low latency basis (<2 minutes) so your customers’ data is always up to date in your app
- We expose all of the data offered by the APIs you’re integrating with
- We’re fully white-labeled and give you direct access to the underlying API credentials (like OAuth tokens) so you can extend integrations beyond what we do
Our back-end is in Elixir (using Phoenix framework) with a PostgreSQL database. It interfaces with our Typescript/React front-end through a JSON-based, REST-ish API.
About the job
Job title: Senior Web Application Developer
Salary range: $120-200k USD / year
Position on remote work: 100% Remote, ~2 hours overlap from 9am - 2pm PT
Qualifications or experience required:
- Native-level proficiency in spoken and written English
- 6+ years as a professional software developer
What we look for:
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Writes clear code
- Highly productive: able to ship new features and refactors quickly
- Customer oriented: thinks through features from the customers’ perspective and delivers with the customer in mind
- Elixir (or other BEAM language) experience is preferred
What the successful job applicant will be working on:
This role will be responsible for continuing to add features to our web app, primarily on the back-end. Examples of features include:
- Enabling two-way sync to allow customers to push data back to integrations
- Allowing end users to customize mappings for integrations
- Adding new integrations to tools like Mailchimp, Stripe, and Pipedrive
While this role is primarily expected to contribute on the back-end, from time to time you’ll also need to write and review Typescript/React code as well as Ansible and Terraform for deployment automation. We expect engineers on the team to do whatever it takes to ship, even if that means stepping a bit outside of their comfort zone and experience.
About the interview process
- Complete a short online evaluation (~30 min)
- Submit relevant coding samples
- Video interview with our CEO
- 1-2 week (paid) working trial
We rely heavily on working trials to serve as an extended interview for both you and us. We’ve found they are the best way for us to evaluate candidates and for candidates to judge whether the fast-paced, high autonomy startup style of working is for them.
If you’re interested, submit a work resume or CV to
jobs@[our main domain]. You can also see our full Job Description here: jobs/senior-web-app-engineer.md at main · xkit-co/jobs · GitHub