Should I study HTML and CSS before Elixir?

False!

True!

:joy:

I find functional much more simple than OO (or even procedural). Non side effecting functions are more akin to math which most people are familiar with, imo.

Edit: The Elixir language itself it pretty simple, but yeah… OTP is a beast!

1 Like

Please do not answer with black and white answers to questions based on you personal experience only, as this only provides ground for conflict!

When I formulated these answers, I based them on my personal experience as well as people I trained. This includes people from multiple industries and skill levels. I have no problem in saying I might be wrong, but we can discuss this over, instead of saying strong answers without any arguments.

Imo, software is kinda a “soft” science; it’s all opinions… best we can do is try to convey them without being offensive… :slight_smile:

If I was offensive, I apologize. It was not my intent.

1 Like

HTML and CSS are pretty much mandatory to know, but neither require you to be an expert in. They are also both pretty self explanatory and have an abundance of information on.

In terms of CSS, it’s also worth noting once you start making projects in Elixir and Phoenix when you first generate a project it will automatically generate CSS for the project and in the Phoenix.css file it will have what looks to be a single line that goes

,:after,*:before{box-sizing:inherit}html{box-sizing:border-box;font-size:62.5%}body{color

This line of code is ridiculously long and effects a lot of stuff on your page, so if you are ever struggling to manipulate stuff with CSS and can’t change colours/margins etc it is probably because of this line of code.
I tend to always delete this line once I start doing CSS on a project.