Slickbit, the social code snippet manager

I’ve given out the last free premium account! Thanks to those that have signed up and are using the service. There has been a great response from the forum here.

Features on the way:

1. GitHub login
  2. GitHub gist import
  3. Improved search UI
1 Like

GitHub login is now integrated! Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Next planned features:

• GitHub Gist import
  • Templates (putting variables in snippets and setting them when copying the code)
  • Improved search UI
  • Editor Extensions (VSCode, Atom, etc…)
3 Likes

I added this one, which adds so much to my productivity:

https://slickb.it/bits/70

2 Likes

Love it! Something like this is exactly what slickbit is for. If you have any questions or feedback post them here or send me a message.

will tweet it out too =D

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’ve gotten some great feedback from you all and have had a few things brewing…

Updated UI

• Saved some retinas with a new “dark mode” design. I wanted to implement this from day one, but wanted to do more research and put more time into it. This is my first dark themed app, so if anyone more knowledgable than me has tips or sees anything that needs fixing let me know!
  • Returned focus to snippets by decluttering. In general I felt there were too many borders, cards, etc. It’s a much more flat design now. I’ve also hidden some controls unless hovering. The goal was to remove distractions so the code can be more easily focused on.

VSCode Extension
I’m very excited about this one… I’ve been working hard on an extension for VSCode that allows you to:

• sync snippets from the cloud
  • insert snippets into your code
  • create new snippets
  • quick links to view snippets online

all without leaving vscode! :slight_smile: I hav a few finishing touches but plan on releasing the extension this weekend!

This has been a fun little project thats provided me with opportunity to learn new things like creating VSCode extensions. Its been a very useful tool for me and I hope some of you get some use out of it as well.

I’ll post back here when the extension has been released :slight_smile:

2 Likes