Software Dev position at a (pretty cool) startup company using Elixir and OTP

Hi, I’m a software engineer at a startup company based in New York City called Remesh. We were founded in 2014, and (after changing our business model) are currently doing about $100k in revenue per month and growing steadily. We just took on a seed round of fundraising and are looking to expand our current staff of 8 full time employees.

About us

My name: Paul Dilyard
My position: Lead Software Engineer
Company name: Remesh, Inc.
Company info and history:

Remesh is a live chat platform that allows a single person to have an open-ended conversation with a large group of people at once. We rank responses from the group using a binary choice process.

We also provide analytics for users to dive deeper into group responses, such as demographic filtering and attitudinal clustering. The next stage in development is to further improve our analysis with more machine learning, and better presentation of data.

Our customers are currently market researchers looking to answer questions about products and services, where traditionally a quantifiable survey or in-person focus group would have been used. Our goal is to provide them with a cheaper and faster way to obtain this research. Our end goal for this year is for a researcher to go from having a problem to delivering a report about the solution in less than one work day.

Our backend is primarily Elixir with some Python services for natural language processing. The original implementation of the real-time chat was done in Python, but last year, I re-wrote it using Elixir/OTP, and we were able to 10-20x the number of users we can handle in a single concurrent chat message.

About the job

Job title: Software Engineer
Job description: Implement new features, increase
Salary range: $100-120k
Equity: 0.1% - 0.5%
Position on remote work: Everyone will be located in NYC for now, though we may have a second office in Cleveland, OH eventually.
Qualifications or experience required:
What the successful job applicant will be working on:

About the interview process

We’ll start off with a simple get-to-know you phone call where we’ll talk about resume, past work and projects, and you can ask me any questions regarding our company, culture, technologies, or anything else you might be curious about. This will be with me personally.

Next, we may have some type of technical phone interview where you’ll be asked how you would implement some large system. This will also be with me (and possibly one other engineer).

Lastly, we’d like to bring you on site for a half or full day in our New York office. We’d like to see how you meld with the team, how you work, etc.

Further info

Here is our AngelList job posting: https://angel.co/remesh/jobs/210464-software-developer-nyc

Feel free to private message me on this forum or send me an email: paul@remesh.org

Thanks!

7 Likes