Someone on reddit told me that I should learn this instead of ruby on rails

We are all noobs, our power is in forum and work in group, so we can correct much more bad practices and trivial errors than when we work alone :smile:.

I think Elixir is much more better than Ruby. It’s easier to understand how al works. Like lots of developers I switched from Ruby to Elixir. Elixir is inspired by Ruby and lots more languages.
Of course it’s good point now to repeat that: every language have their own use case, so split them in bad and good languages is not so trivial.
If you are looking for a language that you can easy get a job in all level (from beginner/practice to hardcore) then it’s not (at least at today) language you are looking for - and this says best Elixir noob that already have job :smile:.

I’m started from these guides. You should have bookmarked elixir-lang.org site and of course Elixir docs.
If you don’t understand something then don’t worry - just post a question on this forum :smile:.

It’s also good point to see also: Elixir style guide that is used by core developers and credo project.

There are also some packages for Atom editor that can help you if you are interested in (just type Elixir in search input).

2 Likes