At LEO Technologies, we are passionate about building software that solves real-world problems in the Public Safety sector. Our software has been used to assist in homeland security, provide assistance for mental health and increase safety and awareness of public safety. Our software is delivered as a Vertical SaaS and has been deployed in numerous counties/states within the United States.
As a Backend Engineer (Application) you will be responsible for architecting, building and maintaining our mission-critical backend services that allow our users to gain actionable insight from our unique dataset(s).
You will be part of the Core Application team, responsible for creating new solutions as our product grows. These solutions could range from non-trivial search/data-mining needs to working on solving multi-tenancy challenges when saving and serving customer data.
You will participate in all stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle. To achieve this will include idea generation, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping and iteration.
What We Value
- Strong engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Software Engineering and Mathematics.
- At least 6+ years of back-end development experience, with a solid understanding of data structures, distributed systems and system design.
- Good understanding of how technical decisions impact the people who will use what you’re building.
- A good understanding of system design and running server-less workloads at scale is essential for this role.
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Elixir, Java, C++, Go or similar languages.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch and KV stores.
- Proficiency working with AWS Serverless workflows like Lambdas, Step-Functions etc.
- Experience with streaming technologies with working knowledge of frameworks like Kafka, Kinesis or similar technologies.
- Experience with different Agile methodologies and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence.
- Skill and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with dynamic objectives and quick iterations.
- Demonstrated ability to learn continuously, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
Technologies We Use
- We are hosted on AWS Cloud and use numerous AWS services.
- Our backend languages primarily consist of Elixir, NodeJS and some Python.
- TypeScript and React are central to our front-end development.
- Terraform, CloudFormation and Ansible are leveraged for our Infrastructure deployment and automation.
- Industry-standard build tooling and CI/CD using Jenkins, CodePipeline and GitHub.
- A low-code test automation framework for end-to-end testing.
- A mix of open-source and proprietary technologies that are tailored to the problems at hand.
What You Can Expect
- Enjoy great team camaraderie whether at our Irvine office or working remotely.
- Thrive on the fast pace and challenging problems to solve.
- Modern technologies and tools.
- Continuous learning environment.
- Opportunity to communicate and work with people of all technical levels in a team environment.
- Grow as you are given feedback and incorporate it into your work.
- Be part of a self-managing team that enjoys support and direction when required.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation – out the gate!!
- Competitive Salary.
- Generous medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Sick and paid holidays are offered.
- Stand/sit workstations.
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks on site.
- Work with talented and collaborative co-workers.
- Casual environment.
My name: Aslam Tajwala
My position: Head of Engineering
Company name: Leo Technologies
Company website: WIP
Company headquarters (country): USA
Company info and history: Elixir is our primary backend language for our application servers and a variety of other micro-services.
About the job
Job title: Sr. Backend Engineer.
Job description: Read above.
Salary range: Very competitive.
Position on remote work: We allow both Remote & Hybrid based on your location.
Qualifications or experience required: Read above.
What the successful job applicant will be working on: Read above.
About the interview process
We keep our interview process swift and tight, understanding the competitive nature of our landscape.
If interested, you can apply for this role directly with the link below:
kindly reach out to our recruiter Denise Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)