Sr. Elixir Engineer - SumUp (Berlin, Full-time, Relocate provided)

Introductory paragraph

Hi! My team at SumUp in Berlin is looking for a Sr. Elixir Engineer to work on our backend system which is written in Elixir and Phoenix for serving payment and managing APIs. The system is used by different types of terminals/card readers and meant to be stable and flexible in order to easily add new types of devices.

About us

My name: Julia
My position: Sr. Tech Recruiter
Company name: SumUp
Company info and history:

SumUp is a global FinTech company and the first-ever global card acceptance brand with headquarters in Berlin. We started 6 years ago and nowadays we operate in 32 countries, have 12 offices worldwide and 1400 people onboard. We develop our Payment terminals & all software from scratch and we are passionate about our product & the vision of bringing new payment solutions to small merchants!

About the job

Job title: Senior Elixir Engineer
Job description: https://grnh.se/211b8b532
Salary range: 65k-80k
Position on remote work: onsite, full-time position
Qualifications or experience required: at least 3 years of experience
What the successful job applicant will be working on: You will be working on our backend system which is written in Elixir and Phoenix for serving payment and managing APIs. The system is used by different types of terminals/card readers and meant to be stable and flexible in order to easily add new types of devices. For now, the main challenges are a big refactoring of Erlang monolith payment backed to micro-services according to the domain model and moving the platform to our own Kubernetes based orchestration platform.

About the interview process

1. Interview with internal recruiter
  2. Technical interview
  3. *Small coding challenge ( interesting one :wink:
  4. Final onsite interview

Further info

If you are interested, feel free to apply through the link or reach out to me: julia.matsai@sumup.com

6 Likes

Not related to the job at all, but just wanted to say SumUp looks nice! Great to see you using Elixir and I am sure I know a few local businesses that might be interested in your service. What would be really neat is if you could take online payments as well as recurring payments - i.e an all-in-one service. Any plans for that?

Good luck to all those who apply for the job :023:

2 Likes

Hi AstonJ,

thanks a lot for your message, I am very pleased to hear your positive feedback, which means that we are doing something right! Actually, we have many different products apart from card readers itself, cannot tell you many details but you will be surprised what you see next from SumUp! Stay tuned :wink:

1 Like