Surface - A component-based library for Phoenix LiveView

Since I’m still working on the core features, I didn’t have time to build a full suite of components yet. However, all examples in my demo were created using Bulma, including a live Dialog component that handles events. As far as I know, there’s also a WIP by @joerichsen using bootstrap.

I understand your concern but I have to agree with @chrismccord on this one. The problem is that having too many different kinds of components at this moment will certainly slow me down. My main goal now is to validate the model in the most complex scenario, which is using stateful components with LV. If everything works as expected, adding a simpler version for non-LV projects will be a breeze, trust me :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely come back to this discussion as soon as I finish Implement a compiler instead of a translator · Issue #15 · surface-ui/surface · GitHub. If until then we have no solution on the LV side and we find out that a lot of people want this feature, I’ll consider creating a new separate Surface.StaticComponent as suggested by @tme_317.

8 Likes