Tech Podcasts

OO ← > FP

On this podcast, we talk with Andrea Magnorsky, who is a tech lead at Goodlord on their engineering squads; she has a background in Scala, C#, and organised conferences. Today we’ll be talking about paradigm shifts.

1 Like

erlang rust #fp
https://www.functionalgeekery.com/episode-122-brian-troutwine/

3 Likes

ThinkThunk

Another new podcast by @tapickell and Jason - hopefully they’ll cover Elixir too :003:

2 Likes

@AstonJ thank you for the mention/tag, we are planning on covering more stuff with Elixir in the coming episodes that we are working on recording right now. :+1:

2 Likes

Is video necessary or will there be an audio only version for my podcast receiver to listen to during daily commute?

2 Likes

I think having an audio-only version is definitely beneficial :023: however also want to say that I am a fan of video-casts, especially when using HQ cameras and audio. Not sure how far down that route you want to go, but here’s an example that might nudge you in that direction :003:

(Just a random episode btw)

2 Likes

Well, for me who hasn’t much time in the office or at home to consume whatever-casts, my 2 hours of daily commute is the only time to do so. Since I am actively driving a car, I am limited to audio only ressources.

My watch list with open talks from conferences is growing and growing, the next time I will have some time to consume from that list will not be before August but probably not more than 5 to 10 talks.

So as you can see, Vidcasts don’t fit into my daily schedule and probably they won’t until my kids have moved out (the younger one is 17 months now… so I hope moving out will take a while :wink: ).

3 Likes

@jasondeutsch and I do have audio only versions of our casts as well, we just have not figured out where we should release those to yet. Any suggestions?

Not right now, but I do remember an older german pod cast, that used github for at least parts of hosting the podcast.

I’ll check that in the next couple of days if I can find more infor about their setup and will report back then.

1 Like

John A de Goes - SCALAZ 8 VS AKKA ACTORS
Some talk against actor system in functional programming, sorry for scala …, please don’t take this so serious just alternative point of view :slight_smile:

disclaimer
Akka is actor library in Java/Scala
ScalaZ is FP library in Scala

1 Like
1 Like

#code review at Linkedn

I loved this Rework podcast episode where DHH (David Heinemeir Hansson) explains why and how he created Ruby on Rails. He also talked about “creativity, finding a passion, and how writing Ruby changed the way he thinks about programming.”

1 Like