The Little Elixir & OTP Guidebook

Who have read The Little Elixir & OTP Guidebook?
What can you say about it?

I have found 50% off on the site of author, but it is expired on manning.com:

Grab your copy today and use mltanweihao for 50% off!

Also see:

3 Likes

A few months ago I read the preview on the site and really liked @bentanweihao’s style so bought it :003:

It’s on my to-read list so will come back to this thread and look forward to hearing everyone else’s thoughts in the meantime :023:

1 Like

Seems like this is already expired. Tried third time.
Says:
The coupon code you have entered has expired.

Great luck - we can ask @bentanweihao if the code is still valid :slight_smile:

@greyhwndz, I just bought the book with code from thread: 50% off on all Manning eBooks till 25 April

@dgamidov I’ve given some personal insight about the book in this topic

2 Likes

@sashaafm, thanks!

I am going through it right now. I think it is definitely worth it. I knew nothing about OTP and it served perfectly to get the foot on the door.

If you have any question do not hesitate to ask :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for buying my book! <3!

Apologies for the code not working. There’s a 39% off code which will always work: tanweihao39. Otherwise, you would have to wait a bit when Manning does their DOTD discounts.

Also, feel free to ask any questions! The book is content complete (fingers crossed!). The last two chapters are on property testing, concurrency testing, Dialzyer and Typespecs. :smiley:

11 Likes

@bentanweihao, thanks for book!
Anyone can buy, few can write :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Ben, what’s the ETA for the complete book?

2 Likes

June-ish, though I figure it might be slightly longer. I’m now basically in the process of editing the books based on bug fixes and my editor(s) comments.

4 Likes

Really great book and definitely worth a purchase! I was struggling to find something that explains OTP at a level most can understand and this book does just that.

Thanks @bentanweihao

3 Likes

I bought and worked through most of the book a couple of months ago. The book explains OTP well and for a relative newb like myself it really helped cement my understanding of the underlying mechanisms behind GenServers. Recommended! Thanks @bentanweihao

3 Likes

The mltanweihao39 code says its invalid. I’d love to buy this if I could find a discount.

2 Likes

I typoed! Try this instead:

tanweihao39

2 Likes

There’s a typo (my bad!) Use this instead: tanweihao39

2 Likes

Thanks for the discount code. Just bought the book :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also bought this book. Been enjoying it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Was just about to buy this book, when I saw an email from Manning in my Inbox:

Save half on The Little Elixir & OTP Guidebook and these other selected books. Just enter pbtanweihaolt in the Promotional Code box when you check out. Expires Tuesday, October 4.

Just my luck! Bought it immediately! :smiley:

11 Likes