Was any one of your US Visa applications rejected?

I’ve had the bad luck of cancelling my CodeBeam SF plans because of this :frowning:
Any tips on improving the chances of a visa interview?

2 Likes

Aw that’s a shame - CodeBeam looks awesome too.

Did they give you any reasons?

2 Likes

Their standard 214(b) reason that, “you didn’t convince the immigration officer that you’ll come back to your home country”. I really was excited about Code Beam. I’ll try my luck next year :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I guess the main tip is to create what they call “strong reasons to get back home”, like buying a house, marrying someone, having a child, being in your job for a long time, this kind of stuff. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a friend who got his visa rejected 5 times. After marrying an american girl he finally managed to get his visa. :joy:

3 Likes

It is hard to figure out exactly what gets in the way of a rejected VISA, but this is usually good advice. Prepare for the interview with “strong evidence” that you will not be staying longer than what is allowed; demonstrating your current and past employment, stating reasons of your VISA transaction (the invitation to code BEAM), an accompanying family.

3 Likes

You need to show the immigration officer things that you have at home that will prevent you from just staying here in the States.

A home? A car? A wife? Kids? Businesses?

The more the better. Also the older you are the easier it is to get approved for a visa.

My sister in law got grilled hard during her interview for a tourist visa. She went back home on the date of her planned trip. Second time she requested a visa it was instant.

Mother in law, older, a teacher for 20+ years, she got approved near instantly as well right off the bat.

3 Likes