WebCampZg

Hope this is not off topic :slight_smile:

At the end of october we have an event here in Zagreb, Croatia called WebCampZg. It’s a fairly big event, last year we had more than 800 people attending. The event is not oriented at particular technology or platform, and it covers general web/dev related topics. You can see the last year’s schedule here.

If you’re interested, feel free to submit a proposal. If you do it by the end of month, you might get picked in the first batch. Otherwise, the final deadline is August 30th. The topics can be on anything web related, either front- or back-end. Personally, I’d like to see more people speaking about Elixir/Erlang/FP. In past years I was the only one talking about Erlang/Elixir, until last year Bob Ippolito came and did a keynote where he mostly spoke about Erlang :slight_smile:

Judging from past experiences, you can expect an audience of about 200 people, mostly proficient in mainstream web techs, such as Rails, Django, or node.js, but not familiar with Erlang/Elixir. So if you plan on talking about this, I think introductory talks, or higher-level presentations of built systems would suit best.

Feel free to ask me if you have further questions, and hope I’ll see more of FP-ers in October :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would love to see Croatia; I’ve never been to that part of the world. Too bad I can’t think of anything worth talking about in terms of web stuff :slight_smile: I am going to see if I can figure out something worthwhile to talk about. :slight_smile:

2 Likes