Weighing in on Drab and reflections on longevity of software libraries

I do understand your point. You are saying that others could think the same as you did and such could be detrimental to the project. Therefore, it is important for him to know about such feedback. However, I believe that whoever sees projects under those perspectives should change, and not the author.

Tomek has put months of work in Drab, writing code, helping people, fixing issues, listening to feedback, etc. Why is something that he said during a period he was probably uncertain about the future of the project (and that he later retracted) taints all of the work he has done so far?

Finally, I did not meant to imply that you believe all authors to be robots. Written communication is hard. :slight_smile: Could Drab improve its marketing message? Probably yes. Even Elixir itself could improve on this area. But there is likely better ways to start this conversation instead of building on top of a previously closed topic (as in @AstonJ’s comment earlier). Feedback is important and how we give this feedback is equally important. If you believe the feedback may make people uncomfortable, then you have even more reasons to consider different ways to approach the topic.

1 Like