What are the best elixir question asked you in an interview?

Had an interview exactly like that, the day after I wrote them that i didn’t want to continue in the hiring process. They wanted to know technical solutions for very specific problems, the interview didn’t have any other content than this and short introduction of the company.

Got another job now, no specific coding questions, just general things. This was enough after just a short talk to see that we have a similar opinion about many things and that I will fit in. Contract was agreed before I walked out…

7 Likes

Man! That interview recall me the (supposedly) interview at google about why manholes are round and that guy (edit:in the story it was Feynman, read the footnote) who blow up the interviewer with his more relevant answers!
That company really lose someone I want to say…

Off-topic: How’s going your efforts around the typechecker?

Edit: I don’t know if this was the original one I read quite a long time ago… But the story was really similar and it worth the read If Richard Feynman applied for a job at Microsoft

Well, since last I was on this thread I quit my job (that was doing the stupid “write me a hash table” question even though I was the hiring manager). After quitting my job, I had a fantastic interview with an elixir company (that did not hire me) where we paired on a full-stack debug of a front-end problem that drilled all the way down from react to the database. This has to be the best question I’ve ever been asked in an interview. Anyways, got a job at another elixir company (also a good interview, not many tech questions though -shrug-) and started last week.

OT: Static typechecker is going really slow, I’m in a very tough part right now, but i’m discovering more “warts” in the dialyzer typesystem, patching them in mavis (just pushed 0.6.0 now - if you have questions feel free to drop them in this thread Mavis - Typing Library for elixir)

3 Likes