What Elixir related stuff are you doing?

Is this project open source?

Currently reading Elixir in Action

4 Likes

Currently trying some Elixir on Ubuntu WSL2

1 Like

Watching Pragmatic Studios’ “Developing with Elixir/OTP”!

2 Likes

Our first ElixirConfLA just ended. I’m reviewing some of the material it was given to us. And also I’m reading Writing Elixir Systems With OTP

2 Likes

Building a simple dashboard that aggregates my work activities from different sources (Github, Todoist, Calendar, etc.) so that I can easily see all the things I’ve done during the day.

5 Likes
  • Creating a LeetCode-ish site with Phoenix (of course) for internal use in my company.
  • A rollcall module for our client (a university)
  • An AI powered garbage categorizing system. I decided to use Elixir to implement a TCP server for collecting the images. Totally don’t know how to build the AI part :joy:
3 Likes
  • Reading Elixir in Action, 2nd edition
  • Working through an alchemist.camp project
3 Likes

I would be really interested in hearing more about this project as it’s something I have considered building for while now. Are you planning on open sourcing it?

1 Like

Currently I have no plans to open source it since it’s a learning project for me to finally build something useful in elixir. However, once it reached a usable state and is more than just naive uncached queries to multiple external services I might open source it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

2 Likes

Reading and working through Elixir in Action 3rd chapter.

3 Likes

I am working on few ideas. I am a rails dev, but interested in building the apps in elixir & phoenix.

3 Likes

@AstonJ not sure about the spacemacs but I can share a very good emacs tutorial by Uncle Dave. It’s a very nice and easy tutorial and helps you setup your emacs configuration, there is also a section on Org-mode, hope you can find it useful.

4 Likes

Hope I’m not late to the party :blush: Me and my colleagues have one mobile up which uses Elixir as a backend it’s Couple, and we are also preparing to release a couple more, in the meantime I’m trying to learn more about Elixir by rewriting some Django application I’ve made for a client.

4 Likes

I’m learning more Elixir by writing a small program to manage some tasks in my Discourse forum and finishing up Pragmatic Studio’s Elixir course.

5 Likes

I am practicing writing tail-recursive functions from Elixir in Action 3rd chapter.

5 Likes

Finally I decided to go ahead with a very old project… maybe this time I will not interrupt** my Elixir learning, because this is not a throwaway pet project :wink:

** I keep getting distracted with unrelated stuff, and I end-up to never complete any pet project I start with the purpose of learning or play with something.

8 Likes

I’m creating a web server which manages all requests from users and send them to other servers!

4 Likes

Reading a lot about Elixir and its ecosystem. But, I can’t go out of the rabbit hole. It’s really difficult for me.

I don’t really know what I can do… Moreover, it makes me feel impostor even if I’m good at work.

3 Likes

I am:

• Trying to get my workplace to adopt Elixir
  • Reading Programming Phoenix
  • Going through Exercism Elixir track

But most of all, I’m having fun :smile:

10 Likes