What is the best Elixir talk to present to a team to try Elixir?

I’ve got slides only, but this talk has been very well received. I probably need to give it somewhere that I can record it one day.

2 Likes

Right, that was the one that came to mind for me as well. If you are presenting to a group of developers that are full-stack, the LiveView demo that Chris McCord gave is very impressive. You have to watch Chris’ presentation more than once to fully appreciate all that he did so quickly with Elixir/Phoenix/LiveView.

I liked this one when I was first getting into Elixir: Elixir by the Bellyful - Bryan Hunter. It’s a little older, but made it super simple to understand.

Honestly, I think Sasa’s talk is one of the most impressive conference talks I’ve seen online. I always loved this slide from this talk:

5 Likes

In the The Language of the System talk, Rich Hickey comes to the same conclusion, namely that Erlang provides a holistic approach to building systems. The main challenge is that the industry prefers heterogeneous architectures, for various reasons.

4 Likes

I always recommend Dave Thomas keynote from the 2014 ElixirConf: https://youtu.be/5hDVftaPQwY

1 Like