What is your display setup and configuration? (Poll)

I do have a sit/stand desk which I use at 3 heights,

1. Normal office chair height
  2. Saddle chair height (one of these but sadly not in pink :laughing: Tuotevalitsin | Salli)
  3. Standing
2 Likes

Whoa! Now this is REALLY interesting! I’ve never seen a setup like this.

The closest thing I did see is some designers (usually illustrators or folks doing a lot of retouching) use those “pen displays” made by Wacom and similar companies, which are de-facto large tablets: Wacom Cintiq Pro: creative pen display | Wacom

1 Like

That sounds awesome! Feel free to post pics :sunglasses:

I can see… by all the fingerprints :lol:

It looks very cool tho, and I might try and pick up an additional LG5K myself and slot the second one underneath, so it only exposes around two thirds of the screen. That would be perfect for me I think. How are the viewing angles? Does the screen look a bit grey?

The other thing I’ve been thinking about is putting a 55" OLED TV behind my monitor, and only use the visible area around the monitor. Only issue is I have a motorised desk and since the TV would need to be wall mounted I’d only be able to use it in the seated position…

I don’t perceive any difference due to the viewing angle at all and I’m super happy with the picture quality on these panels.

1 Like

I use a 43" 4K Smart TV as a monitor for both my (closed) laptop and Mac mini, with Logitech Ergo keyboard and vertical mouse (to avoid RSI).

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum :rocket:

Never heard of a vertical mouse before and now it’s on my wishlist. I have an old wrist injury and I’m sure this’ll help! Do you have the Logitech MX vertical?

On the topic of ergo keyboards, this is the one I covet

1 Like

Thanks! That looks like a really nice keyboard, I think I would covet it as well. Right now, I am using a Logitech K860 with the MX Vertical. Both can easily switch between multiple devices.

2 Likes

The MX Vertical is awesome though I tried the Logitech K860 but never really liked it.

One thing that I’m actively trying to avoid is the forward neck/rounded back & shoulders problems and I felt the Logitech keyboard did not help me with that.

I use the Digma Raise keyboard instead, which is a split mechanical keyboard that can be raised vertically too (though I’ve never used it raised). I love it because now, I can properly setup my shoulders and arms as wide as I want to, which gives me much comfort.

I used to have slight wrist pain/discomfort after a day of work but now it’s completely gone!

1 Like

In picture :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ah nice! Looks awesome :sunglasses:

What Asus is that? Is it a HiDPR display?

Do you use those stands as you need to be mobile? If not you might want to consider getting some monitor arms - they free up a lot of space (and pair really well with a standing desk).

1. Laptop - own display (if I’m working from the bed).
    Or
  2. Laptop - own display and one external display (if I’m sitting at my desk).
1 Like

Unfortunately M1 air only supports a single external monitor, so I just have a curved wide monitor, with 50/50 split between editor and browser, and the laptop screen is used for slack and email.

If I could, I would add an extra fullhd monitor in portrait mode for terminal usage

1 Like

Mac mini M1 with LG 34" as main display (iTerm maximised with tmux, lunar vim) and to the left a LG 27" with multiple desktops; 1 for mail/slack/message/calendar, 2nd for Safari and FF developer.
I use the multi desktop on my main screen too, first is iTerm, then SqlStudio Pro, empty one for 1 one-off tasks, other for TeamViewer, … just so I never need to overlap windows.

1 Like