What makes you productive

…and unproductive! :lol:

Today I am waiting for an Amazon delivery and so the music is down and I am keeping an eye (ear) on the door. Have I done any work? Not much! :icon_rolleyes:

Loud music makes me productive - I think because it helps blot out distractions…

2 Likes

Do you work as a freelancer @AstonJ?

For me is listening to music I’m too much into. I must put on some music I enjoy but I’m not a big fan or else I’ll just stop working and just listen to it ahah

1 Like

I’m tuned in to www.bassdrive.com most days :003:

I am a partner in a design agency (work from home).

2 Likes

Music (instrumental/beats) always helps me to focus in, but occasionally I’ll work silently.

I think the biggest thing is making a firm decision to work without distraction. It helps if I know what I am doing and not running into a bunch of errors too - that can be discouraging and slow me down.

1 Like
  1. Daily todo list
  2. Pomodoro technique
  3. Noizio app (http://noiz.io) [October rain + Thunderstorm + Sunny Day]
  4. looped: Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons, Zen Garden, Throat Chakra Music (or any other music - depends on mood)
2 Likes

Tycho and The Field makes for great background music. :headphones:

2 Likes

I think you might like the artist God is an Astronaut. :slight_smile:

I really like to listen to Post Rock or other semi-calm music while working. That helps me focus. What also really helps is fresh air. What does not help me is tiredness, which I unfortunately often fall prey to because of the irregular amounts of sleep I get.

1 Like

I listen to God is an Astronaut as well. Decent music! :smiley:

Check out Aphex Twin as well. My favorite track of his is Xtal. You might even enjoy Jon Hopkins, Nujabes, Orbital, and Ulrich Schnauss (one of my fav artists ever… Faraway Trains Passing By is my must listen to album).

If you wanna get abstract, then check out Wolfgang Voigt’s Gas project. It’s beautiful. :heart_eyes:

I have similar problems with sleep. I need to force myself into a habit of sleeping at normal times. >.>

2 Likes

Thank you! I will definitely check these suggestions out :smiley:

1 Like

Unfortunately a decent amount of sleep and quiet disruption free office :slight_smile: and long time ago I often imagined how cool would it be to work from a pub or coffee shop and once I had that option turned out can’t be productive in those environments :(.

2 Likes