Why Bucklescript?

I already took a look at it, since John Carmack’s son fall in love with it.

This is indeed something interesting, while I feel overwhelmed by all the brackets.
I like it distraction free and with fewer symbols, so like natural languages.

In general is also a completely straight forward way my goal, so I like to find one solution that seriously fits me and currently is my journey full of about 399 potential solutions who are simply overcomplicated.

C++ is considered for the very most people as a low level language, while 20 years back it was considered as a high level one.

The same counts also for humans; Our level of today is different from that one of several years ago and things, which are completely obviously for us now, was very strange some years before.

This is also why I think that the majority of developers put less attention on newbies and making their introduction sensible since they forgot about all the details about what was hard for them back then.

Humans, in general, are used to intelligible things by imitating and direct feedback from the role model, including body language and so on, since that is how we evolved for millions of years.

In a specific perspective is the computer science scene ‘ocupied’ by developers who can see those abstract mechanisms by simply reading a text and trying them for themselves.

One more point is that my primary language is German, so before my mind can implement information about the actual programming language, happens a translation from English into German too.

Just imagine your only source to get information is this one:

Home · Elixir School and https://ocaml.org/learn/tutorials/basics.de.html

I know a lot of people solve this, so there are of course a lot of successful developers who speak English as their second language, while a lot of people, who are a potential benefit for the (open source) world get simply distracted by such things.

P.S: This text took me more than half an hour :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes