Your ideas for Talks

Got any ideas for talks - either that you might like to do yourself one day or would like someone else do? If so please share here!

1 Like

If you’re already full of ideas, here’s something that might inspire one of your own talks one day…

:lol:

1 Like

What about inviting Uncle Bob, Kent Beck or Martin Fowler to talk about Elixir?

1 Like

Are you sure anyone of them played with elixir?

I’d have loved to see especially martin’s opinions but yeah. I mean we have Dave Thomas already :blush:

2 Likes

Many interesting talks have already been given. Of these I want to watch Machine Learning: Alchemy for the Modern Computer Scientist (PLDI 2018 - PLDI Invited Speakers) - PLDI 2018 (also see what Leslie Lamport recently said about machine learning: Leslie Lamport on programming languages/ machine learning ). About the talk by Erik Meijer, available on youtube:

1 Like

I for one would no longer come to listen to bob martin. The other two would be great.

I would love to hear anything around session types. Still struggling to get my head around them

2 Likes

I personally will always open myself to every kind of opinion whether I like it or not. Uncle Bob, DHH, Stallman, etc.

It’s true that not all people like him, probably because Uncle Bob promotes TDD and his version of clean architecture. That said, IMHO his idea on agile, clean code and code testing are still worthy to hear about.

Possibly for some people, although I am quite a fan of both of those ideas.