Trending in Talks
This is the follow-up to my ElixirConf EU talk in Malaga, which was mostly about the local-first problem and where sync engines stand on ...
New
The Everything App - Lars Wikman | ElixirConf EU 2026
Comments welcome! View the <span class="hashtag-icon-placeholder"><...
New
Model the work: Real Life workloads with Ash & Oban - Zach Daniel | ElixirConf EU 2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhUfURGmlqY
...
New
Kafka-Backed Elixir at Scale - Anton Borisov, Piotr Rybarczyk | ElixirConf EU 2026
Comments welcome! View the <span class...
New
Building Real-Time AI Agents with Elixir - Kimutai Kiprotich | ElixirConf EU 2026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSXk0YE2New
Comments...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
idi527
Great talk - there were some typos…
at https://youtu.be/YQxopjai0CU?t=697
this won’t work
something like this, however, will
at https://youtu.be/YQxopjai0CU?t=892
a typo in
should be
at https://youtu.be/YQxopjai0CU?t=1147
is not valid, it’s does not accept ast, but a function
should be
at https://youtu.be/YQxopjai0CU?t=1260
in the case of an error, the returned tuple will have four entries
the code on the slides should be
at https://youtu.be/YQxopjai0CU?t=1288
missed
dokeyword and the argument to the functionthe code should probably be
at https://youtu.be/YQxopjai0CU?t=1435
Repo.all/1will return a list for both queriesthe code for the first one should be
darinwilson
As the speaker in the aforementioned talk, this seems as good a place as any to apologize for all of the mistakes.
I usually test all of the code in my slides, but I made a number of changes at the last minute and didn’t go through my usual cross checks. Rest assured, I won’t be making that mistake again
I’m very grateful to @idi527 for pointing out the errors. I’m going to take some time to go through everything and update the slides. I’ll also talk to the conf organizers to see what can be done about updating the video.
Again, my apologies. Lesson learned, the hard way (as usual…)
griffinbyatt
Any mistakes aside, I enjoyed the talk
darinwilson
I enjoyed yours as well! It’s great that Phoenix and Ecto are getting some interest from the security community
JEG2
I’m pretty confident that this talk is the best introduction I’ve seen to Ecto in any medium. It’s very well done.
maqbool
can someone explain the repo pattern in detail or some resources to learn the repo pattern?
cc @AstonJ @darinwilson
darinwilson
Corrected slides are available here - many thanks to @idi527 for pointing the errors out to me
kokolegorille
The link requires an authorization access
darinwilson
There’s a short write-up here that covers the basics, and there are a number of others available if you do a search. None of the ones I read struck me as absolutely definitive, so you might just read through a few different ones and see what you think.
But in the end, I think reading through the docs on
Ecto.Repowill tell you most of what you need to know.axelson
@AstonJ thanks for splitting this out of the other thread!
I enjoyed the talk, it was a nice ground-up overview of Ecto (which is a lot to cover in a single talk).