Lawrence_elixir

Lawrence_elixir

The European hub for the Elixir community. Developing your understanding of key Elixir concepts, frameworks and libraries.

Keynotes confirmed:

José Valim, creator of Elixir
Chris McCord, creator of Phoenix
Brooklyn Zelenka, creator of numerous Elixir libraries

26 Speakers, over 2 days and 2 tracks.
1 Day of training.

Early bird conference and training tickets close 19 February.
Standard tickets close 30 March.
Last minute tickets close 31 March.

More details and to register on website.

Showing Posts 1 to 5

jola

jola

I had a great time, got a chance to talk to a bunch of people I’ve interacted with here and on the slack! I’m honestly still digesting all that information I got, but I can say that I feel super inspired now.

Some highlights: @michalmuskala talking about how erlang boots (funniest talk), @keathley talking about resilient distributed systems, and @evadne (almost) live coding an ETS ecto adapter!

btw I’m in that picture :waving_hand:

AstonJ

AstonJ

Glad you had a good time Jola! Will keep an eye out for those talks when they are uploaded :003:

Ooo! I had to look very closely to find you! (Are you sitting at the far right hand side? :D)

If you took any pics yourself please post them - I love putting a face to a name :lol:

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

I just had a look at her slides and now I’m even more curious.

lackac

lackac

The conference was great, I attended several very interesting talks and had many good conversations.

Subjective selection of talks that I enjoyed the most:

  • @josevalim’s keynote about Broadway – directly beneficial in our project, and we’ll be making the switch from our homebrewed Flow-based solution
  • “Rewriting critical software in Elixir” by Renan Ranelli – some very good and practical ideas
  • “Let there be light” by @michalmuskala – interesting details about how Erlang boots up
  • “Modular Design in Elixir” by @mkaszubowski – how to come up with good module boundaries, it was very practical and took away some good techniques
  • “Elixir Down Under” by Sophie Troy – interesting case study about how Vamp uses Elixir, and reports about the Australian community
  • @chrismccord’s keynote about Phoenix LiveView – while we’re not using Phoenix yet, it’s great to see what LiveView is about and makes me even more eager to migrate our Rails app to Phoenix
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Events List Top

CodeSync
Code BEAM Europe 2026 – Call for Talks is Open! We’re excited to announce that Code BEAM Europe 2026 is now open for talk submissions :t...
New
beepbeepbopbop
SuperAPI will be hosting the Melbourne Elixir meetup this Thursday, September 3rd. The event will be held at Level 2, 525 Collins St (Ria...
New
cleaver
Join us September 23, 2026 for our online meetup. We’ll be learning about Acceptance Test Driven Development. There will be a demo of a ...
New
beepbeepbopbop
SuperAPI will be hosting the Melbourne Elixir meetup this Thursday, October 1st. The event will be held at Level 2, 525 Collins St (Rialt...
New
gus
Happy Friday, all! :slight_smile: Our October meetup is coming up next week - Wednesday, October 14th at 19h CET via Zoom! This month we...
New
eahanson
Join us in October for a hangout in the Mission! We’re bringing this meetup back to life with more formal meetups (presentations, demos, ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews