FunctionalOne
I have IntelliJ IDEA installed on Windows 10, along with the Elixir plug-in. Auto-complete and syntax highlighting are working correctly. I am new to IntelliJ, so I am not clear how to use all the functionality.
If I have an .exs script file, how exactly do I run it within IntelliJ editor? I tried configuring and “IeX” configuration, but don’t know what values to use for “iex arguments” or “Environmental variables”.
I just need a way to write some code within IntelliJ and then have it executed. Any help would be appreciated.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
I can not say anything about IntelliJ, as I haven’t used it in ages and never liked the elixir plugin in particular.
Anyway, if you want to run a script, you typically use a terminal and run
elixir my_script.exsormix run my_script.exsdepending on your context.For
mix runthere should be a “runner” option in the plugin. If you were so kind posting a screenshot of the runners options, I might be able to guide you through setting it up.Anyway, if you need to set up environment variables, you probably know. Though as you don’t, you probably do not need them :D.
FunctionalOne
NobbZ: Thank you for your reply.
Based on your answer, at this point, I will just stick with running the script from a terminal. I am using Windows 10 and I am beginning to realize that most of the documentation around IntelliJ/Elixir is geared towards Mac/Linux. I have googled for countless hours how to use IntelliJ on Windows to create Elixir code, but I haven’t found much. (I will try using using WSL2 soon, so being on Windows might stop being an issue.)
I am finding this forum quite useful though.