slouchpie

slouchpie

Hello comrades,

I made a small project that has an Elixir Phoenix Absinthe Relay backend and an Expo React Native frontend.

Here’s the code: GitHub - peaceful-james/absimupo: Absinthe Elixir Phoenix image upload with Expo React Native · GitHub

All it does is let you upload images of “things” but it has some nice stuff:

  1. subscriptions - new “things” with “logos” will appear to other people.
  2. paginating - preserved with new data from the subscription
  3. mostly websocket - I hacked a custom relay environment that checks if there are uploadables. If there are uploadables, it does a normal HTTP multipart form request. If not, it just uses the websocket.

This project is just meant to act as a reference for myself and other people using Absinthe Relay and Expo. It’s not pretty, it has no security and it’s pretty much useless IRL.

I’m putting it on this forum for posterity. Maybe it will help somebody trying to get image uploading working with Absinthe Relay connections.

I deployed it! https://absimupo.peacefulprogramming.dev/
Anyone is free to upload any image for a while! :worried: Please don’t abuse it.

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews