tron

tron

Hi,

I’m totally new to Elixir, Phoenix, and Absinthe…so go easy on me. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m experimenting with a graph database called Dgraph using a library called Dlex. I’ve written a simple query designed to look up and return a list of users (I only have two users at the moment):

def list_users() do
  query = """
    {
      users(func: type(User)) {
        uid
        email
        name
      }
    }
  """

  {:ok, %{"users" => result}} = Dlex.query(:dlex, query)

  IO.inspect(result)

  {:ok, result}
end

The output from IO.inspect(result) is precisely what I expect and want—a list of my two users:

[
  %{"email" => "rob@example.com", "name" => "Rob", "uid" => "0x1"},
  %{"email" => "bridget@example.com", "name" => "Bridget", "uid" => "0x2"}
]

However, when I run this query with GraphiQL, all the values in the result are null for some reason:

{
  "data": {
    "users": [
      {
        "email": null,
        "name": null,
        "uid": null
      },
      {
        "email": null,
        "name": null,
        "uid": null
      }
    ]
  }
}

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

benwilson512

benwilson512

Author of Craft GraphQL APIs in Elixir with Absinthe

Hey @tron. Absinthe by default expects that you’ll be returning atom keyed maps from its resolvers. To have it look for string keys, alter the default middleware: Absinthe.Schema — absinthe v1.11.0

tron

tron OP

Thank you, @benwilson512! That solved the problem for me.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews