TwistingTwists

TwistingTwists

I have the following resource and api structure

resource : PyqRatta.Databank.Question
resource: PyqRatta.Databank.Quiz has_many PyqRatta.Databank.Question
api : PyqRatta.Databank → [PyqRatta.Databank.Quiz, PyqRatta.Databank.Question] (list of resources in api)

and

resource : PyqRatta.QuizPractice.Response belongs_to PyqRatta.Databank.Question
api : PyqRatta.QuizPractice → [PyqRatta.QuizPractice.Response] (list of resources in api)

now, in response.ex


    relationships do
        belongs_to :question, PyqRatta.Databank.Question,
          attribute_writable?: true,
          attribute_type: :integer,
          allow_nil?: false
    end

I am getting error. App Name is PyqRatta

* (EXIT from #PID<0.93.0>) an exception was raised:
    ** (RuntimeError) Resource `PyqRatta.Databank.Question` in relationship `:question` is not in api `PyqRatta.QuizPractice`. Please do one of the following

1. add the resource to the api `PyqRatta.QuizPractice`
2. configure a different api

I can see the relationship can be used for resource in different api.
Here, Red.Accounts.User is in api Red.Accounts and Red.Practice.Card is in api Red.Practice.
https://github.com/dewetblomerus/red/blob/ee1aab452d35cfe1687791d8e9423b32f26e915a/lib/red/practice/resources/card.ex#L111-L117

Why does it work in case above and not in my case?

Showing Posts 1 to 3

TwistingTwists

TwistingTwists OP

when i move resource PyqRatta.QuizPractice.Response to PyqRatta.Databank api, the relationship works. (as suggested by ash)

Ideally, I would like these to be in two separate contexts.

MRdotB

MRdotB

You need to use the api option when doing cross api relationships.

    relationships do
        belongs_to :question, PyqRatta.Databank.Question,
          api: PyqRatta.Databank,
          attribute_writable?: true,
          attribute_type: :integer,
          allow_nil?: false
    end
TwistingTwists

TwistingTwists OP

Just fo future ref, here are the docs.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews