ryanwinchester
It’s looking to me like my Oban.Pro.Workflow.add_graft is not adding to context, but in the docs it does
def new_workflow do
Workflow.new()
|> Workflow.put_context(context)
|> Workflow.add_graft(:foo, &graft_foo/1)
|> Workflow.add_cascade(:bar, &bar/1, deps: [:foo])
|> Oban.insert_all()
end
def graft_foo(_) do
Workflow.new()
|> Workflow.add(:foo_id, foo_worker)
|> Workflow.apply_graft()
|> Oban.insert_all()
end
def bar(context) do
%{foo: _} = context
# ...
end
foo will not be in the context…
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Oban Threads
Latest on Elixir Forum
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sorentwo
Confirmed that this is an issue with v1.6.0 (proper). Will have a fix soon for v1.6.1. Thanks for the report, as always
ryanwinchester
With
1.6.1, it’s in the nextadd_cascade, but not in the nextadd_graft. It has reverted back to the original context again.sorentwo
Will you share a minimal example that shows what you’re expecting, so we’re definitely talking about the same code?
ryanwinchester
No, this one was my fault.
I didn’t realize you need to add it to deps for the context to be merged. I only had the step I was waiting on,
e.g. step 3 waits on 2 and step 2 waits on 1.
If I want context from 1 and 2 in step 3, even if I technically only need to wait on 2, I still need to add both as deps to step 3.
ryanwinchester
it appears as though the context is not passing through the grafts in tests though
I’m using the
run_workflow/2function in testssorentwo
None of the context is passing through? Can you share a minimal code example to demonstrate?
Testing with
run_workflow/1is how we’re verifying this functionality, so it’s surprising to hear that it’s working differently for you.ryanwinchester
looks like the same ones missing from earlier
i’m skipping the tests for now. it works as intended manually testing the application
will dig in deeper at another time